Couples Weekend Workshops & Retreats
No relationship is perfect. Creating, maintaining and sustaining a successful relationship can be daunting if you don’t have the skills or solid love to help you work through the normal problems that arise in any relationship. Growing your relationship can be rewarding and exciting even though, at times a bit mysterious. Knowing how to sustain connection, communicate well, and resolve relationship problems is the key to being a healthy couple.
Our couples’ workshops are a powerful resource, which will have lasting benefits to your relationship, offering you communication skills, experiential learning, and a relaxing environment in which to connect and enjoy each other.
We have been studying the science of loving, and sexual intimacy for over 30 years. We create environments in our marriage weekend retreats where intimate partners transform who they are for each other. Our workshops offer a variety of learning experiences depending upon the weekend you choose. Here is some of what you will learn during a weekend retreat with us:
- Relationship communication skills
- How to heal and resolve old relationship problems
- Exploring and increasing sexual intimacy
- Your vision for a healthy marriage
- How your relationship history affects who you are
- How to “grow yourself” in relationship
- How touch is an integral part of being a loving couple
- Appreciating each other and having more fun.
- Turning frustration into requests
- How to be an intimate team.
Make New Friends
Our three-day marriage retreat weekends give you the opportunity to meet people like yourself. How often do you get to “rub shoulders” with other couples who want to learn to communicate more deeply, love each other more, and have a restful and restorative weekend at the same time? Even we, as facilitators, take great pleasure spending the weekend with a group of couples!
You’ll Have Plenty of Private Time
Our couples’ workshops are designed so that you have a lot of private time together as a couple. You might not believe it, but sitting quietly face to face, practicing new skills, while around you, there are other couples doing the same, actually gives people the feeling of anonymity and privacy.
You Won’t Have to Share Anything You Don’t Want To
Some people are concerned about coming to a group relationship or marriage workshop. They imagine they will have to reveal their relationship problems to the group. This is not true in our programs. It is always optional to speak in the group. There are opportunities for questions and answers, or sharing your experiences – both in small groups and the larger group. But there is no requirement that you do so.
When You Choose a Program with Us You are Guaranteed
- A non-judgmental atmosphere of safety and relaxation.
- Well-informed presentations
- Time for connection with others in your workshop
- Skillful facilitation of personal as well as group dynamics
- Practical approaches to daily living and problem solving.
- Heart centered methodologies – arising from years of soulful living and a loving commitment to personal transformation.
We welcome couples of any length of commitment, any sexual orientation.
DEEPENING YOUR LOVE: a Retreat for Couples
Deepening Your Love is a practical and experiential couples’ workshop. It is about opening the compassionate heart, renewing connection, and building trust, respect and intimacy with your partner. In a safe atmosphere of mindfulness and self exploration you will successfully transform many of the issues with which all couples struggle: intimacy, couple communication, conflict, meeting each other’s needs, and making time for pleasure.
Learn And Experience in Deepening Your Love:
- Skills to listen and speak with less reactivity
- Tools to develop empathy and kindness for one another.
- How to share your feelings so your partner will want to hear more
- How to turn frustrations into specific requests
- How your childhood beliefs about relationships inform who you are in your intimate partnership now.
- Easy and fun ways to express love for one another through meditation, movement and massage.
BEING INTIMATE: A Retreat for Couples
Increase intimacy and passion in your relationship by bringing mindfulness to all your interactions – verbal, sexual, playful, or conflicted. During this couples’ retreat we will slow down, and experientially delve into the science of loving, exploring what creates the best environment for intimacy, connection, and long term relationship success. This retreat is all about relational intimacy: what it is, how it works, and how you can have more.
Learn And Experience in Being Intimate
- The Art of Relational PRESENCE ™, Kate and Joel’s signature approach to love and intimacy
- Dialogue and listening to end power struggles.
- How talking about sex can be safe and fun
- Massage, gentle partner yoga and movement
- Simple exercises to make touch easy and pleasurable.
- The art of attunement: how daily loving deepens your connection.
LOVE PASSION and PRESENCE: Deepening Your Intimate Relationship
Dates to be announced for 2018
Increase love and passion by bringing Presence to all your interactions. Learn five principles of how to make your relationship more alive and pleasurable. We will focus on slowing down, letting go of agendas and goals, and discover how to bring more love to your partnership, in and outside the bedroom. Through safe, experiential (clothes on) exercises, we’ll explore old and new way s to listen, touch, move, play, and even look at one another. We’ll also understand how loving is a basic human survival need, and how small interactions can support or hinder intimacy.
Learn and Experience in Love Passion and Presence
- The art of relational Presence.
- Becoming an Intimate Team
- How you can turn your whole life into Foreplay
- A way to Talk and Listening to end power struggles.
- The key to a passionate sex life: Non-Demand Touch.
- Gentle partner yoga for relaxed enjoyment of your bodies
- How to relax, let go of agendas, and receive love.
- Couples meditations on loving-kindness
SEX PLEASURE and INTIMACY: A Retreat For Couples
Not currently scheduled
Let go, as we gently invite you into playful, sensual, and nurturing connection with your lover. This program will help you ease into your bodies, gradually returning more passion and pleasure in your lovemaking. In this retreat you’ll learn about intimacy at its deepest level: The capacity to reveal oneself to each other from the core of your being.
Through dialogue, movement, experiments in different levels of touch, you’ll rekindle passion, rediscover your capacity for pleasure, and deepen the sensual and sexual intimacy between you.
Learn and Experience in Sex Pleasure and Intimacy
- What is healthy human sexuality and how to embrace your own sexual style as a couple and intimate team.
- Playful and fun ways to relax so every moment of connection is pleasurable.
- How to be truly intimate by learning vulnerable self-disclosure.
- How the key to a passionate sex life is pleasurable touching with no expectations… in and outside the bedroom
- To deepen your communications about sexual needs and wants.
- How to release personal limiting belief systems about sex, pleasure, and intimacy.
Deepening Your Love and Being Intimate are held at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Stockbridge Massachusetts. Love Passion And Presence is held at Omega Institute For Holistic Studies in Rhinebeck, NY every summer, usually early August.
Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to the inquiry of what creates a fulfilled human life. The 30,000 Kripalu guests who come each year are committed to creating fulfilling lives that celebrate and integrate all of who they are and what they love to do. They come to pursue personal growth, renew and revitalize, cultivate health, delve into spiritual practice, explore creative pursuits, and develop professional skills.
Programs at Kripalu are led by world-renowned teachers in yoga, self-discovery, and holistic health and are designed to provide you with tools to apply in daily life. Program topics include wellness, Ayurveda, nutrition, fitness, personal growth, relationships, meditation, spiritual practice, professional training, and much more. Yoga programs are offered for people at all levels, feature all yoga traditions and styles, and include therapeutic yoga, yogic anatomy, and trainings for teachers. Many Kripalu programs offer continuing education credits for professionals in fields such as social work, counseling, nursing, and massage and bodywork.
Each program experience is enhanced by the components of Kripalu’s lifestyle curriculum, intentionally created so that every moment of your stay supports deep inner health. You leave with a renewed connection to your life force and with practical approaches for sustaining change, moving forward in a healthy way, and thriving in everything you do.
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies is a non-profit educational retreat center located in Rhinebeck, New York. Founded in 1977, it offers classes to over 25,000 people a year, at the 190-acre campus.
The institute’s mission is to “provide hope and healing for individuals and society through innovative educational experiences that awaken the best in the human spirit”. Omega’s workshops, conferences, and retreats aim to create dialogues on the integration of modern medicine and natural healing; connect science, spirituality, and creativity; and build the groundwork for new traditions and lifestyles.
Call or Email us now:
Kate: 970 259 3424
Joel: 970 259 7585
Our long-distance relationship counseling/coaching is a unique blend of education, skill building, and facilitating you to grow into the partner/person you would like to be in your relationships.
Our private 3 or 4-day retreats serve one couple at time. Some of the top priorities that we address are: breaking through unresolved issues, extra-marital affairs, deepening communication, increasing sex and intimacy.
New Mini-Intensive From Your Home.
In our weekend couples workshops you will rejuvenate, refresh, and reawaken love, intimacy, communication, and laughter. You’ll learn and practice skills, and go home able to integrate them into your life together.